Tiki’s Grill & Bar is committed to our industry leading green partnership program.
We are proactively working to reduce our impact on the environment. These efforts to minimize our restaurant’s footprint on the planet are a key component of our operating philosophy.
Below are some of the initiatives currently employed at Tiki’s:
- • Local and sustainable ingredients are sourced for our restraurant.
- • We partner with local farmers whenever possible to support local agriculture.
- • Corn-based biodegradable to-go containers are provided for take out.
- • Excess food is regularly donated to Aloha Harvest rather than go to waste.
- • Our food waste is separated and delivered to local farms and fed to livestock.
- • Our glass bottles are collected at least bi-weekly to be recycled.
- • Our other waste is burned as fuel at the City & County of Honolulu’s H-Power waste-to-energy plant.
- • Last year, we converted most of our incandescent and fluorescent lighting to energy saving LED lights.
“We are not going to pretend to be the best green restaurant in the state, but we’re definitely trying, and trying to get better everyday. We see it more as a journey rather than a destination. Saving the planet is about commitment and taking action on a daily basis in dozens of small ways, and adding initiatives along the way. We’re getting better all the time.” ~ Owner Bill Tobin
“With our volume, buying local is hard if not sometimes impossible. But if we can, the higher cost and extra time it takes is worth it because it’s a win-win-win. We get fresh product, local farmers and fishermen get the business, and our visitors get the fresh fish and produce, and a memorable experience they could have only in Hawaii.” ~ Chef Ronnie Nasuti