Q & A With Chef Ronnie!

By: Mike

June 19, 2013

6 Comments

Is there a cooking skill you’ve been struggling to master?  Do you have a recipe you just can’t get right?  Do you want to know the secret to some of Chef Ronnie’s most delicious dishes?  Submit your question below and he’ll answer back! Follow THIS LINK to our facebook page, be sure to like us, and ask away!

6 Comments

david cerda

July 9, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Hey Chef Ronnie,

2 things I am struggling with. First would be a great pizza dough… mine never comes out like boston pizza… not even close… I have made pizza dough many times and still can’t get it right.
    If possible to ask a second question… What is the secret to a great bernaise sauce… again mine has not turned out that great.

Thank you!!

Deborah Meissner

November 16, 2013 at 4:00 pm

We stayed at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel and enjoyed many fine dishes from Tikis Bar & Grill. This was the first time I had Edamame. Can you please tell me how that was prepared?
    Thank you so very much!

Haroldeen De La Cruz

January 29, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Chef Ronnie I am helping my sister who is in her second semester at Kapiolani Community College. She is majoring in Culinary Arts and she has an upcoming assignment in which I feel you could assist her with. Is there a possibility that she could interview you? Please let me know , We would appreciate it. Mahalo Nui Loa..

Garrett Saikley, M.D.

June 9, 2014 at 10:40 am

Hi Chef–I attended your wine-paired dinner at the Outrigger Canoe Club a few weeks ago, which was fabulous! I especially enjoyed your roasted grapes/thyme/balsamic vinegar/goat cheese appetizer. I tried to recreate it yesterday, but it came out like grape jam. Boo. Would you be willing to let me know how you did it? Thank you.

Tracy Doane

June 30, 2014 at 9:04 am

Hey Ronnie, I’m teaching summer school and we are learning all about health and nutrition. We just harvested a lot of okinawan sweet potatoes. We were wondering if you had a good recipe on how to cook them. We are excited to hear from you.
    Sincerely, Tracy Doane

Barb Huether

July 26, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Honored to have eaten at Tiki’s! The food, the view, and the live music are all awesome! The edamame was by far THE BEST we’ve ever tasted! We live in Minnesota and don’t get to the Hawaiian islands often. Do you ever share that recipe? We would love to taste it again.